Please see below update regarding appointments at Lotus Dermatology relating to COVID-19 from Monday 11 October 2021.
In conjunction with Lotus Dermatology’s obligation to provide all employees with a safe working environment, and in consideration for the health and welfare of our patients, we take this opportunity to notify our patients, visitors and contractors of Lotus Dermatology that they must not enter Lotus Dermatology premises:
- As of 11 October 2021, if they have not received both doses against COVID-19 using a vaccine approved by the Australian government, unless an exemption applies. Requests for exemptions* are dealt with below.
If you have had one dose of a vaccine, we can either postpone your appointment until after your second dose, or you can contact the Practice Manager to discuss alternate options.
Lotus Dermatology has the right to refuse entry onto its premises for any valid and lawful reason.
We prefer that you attend the appointment on your own, due to social distancing requirements. If you need to bring along a carer, please advise the office so that we can ensure that social distancing obligations can be fulfilled. The accompanying person also needs to be full vaccinated.
During your appointment at our office, you will need to wear a face mask and scan in with the QR Code on entry in accordance with NSW Public Health Orders. Your temperature will be taken on arrival at the premises.
Please do not attend the Lotus Dermatology premises if:
- You have been feeling unwell or are exhibiting common flu-like symptoms including fever, cough, sore throat or sneezing;
- You are currently awaiting test results for COVID-19;
- You have been diagnosed with COVID-19;
- Someone in your household has been diagnosed with COVID-19;
- You, or someone in your household, has been designated as a close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19, in the last 14 days; or
- You have travelled to any identified “area of concern” locations within Australia in the last 14 days.
We look forward to seeing you.
If for any reason you do need to reschedule, please contact us on 49293400. If you have any questions or concerns, please email the Practice Manager at email@example.com
Request for a medical exemption must be approved by an authorised medical practitioner in the form approved by the NSW Chief Health Officer, which can currently be found at: