Total Body Photography is a new service available that helps you in proactively managing your melanoma risk by creating a comprehensive photographic record of your skin that assists you and your GP with monitoring and tracking your moles.
Who would benefit from Total Body Photography?
- has a personal or family history of melanoma
- has a personal or family history of multiple dysplastic (abnormal) moles
- has multiple (> 50) moles
- is developing new moles
- has a history of multiple non melanotic skin cancers
- is taking immunosuppressant therapy for various conditions
What are the advantages of Total Body Photography?
The appearance of your moles can be compared with your baseline photos at any time in the future during a self-examination or during your regular visits with your physician.
This form of screening can reveal subtle changes in moles that may be indicative of melanoma in its earliest and most curable phase. Total body photography may also prevent unnecessary biopsies of moles that have not changed when compared to baseline photos.
- A portfolio of 23 standardised poses provided in digital format on USB drive.
- High resolution digital SLR camera images which help you and your physician monitor changes in existing moles and detect new moles to aid in the screening for melanoma in the future.
Call Lotus Dermatology for more information or to book your Total Body Photography appointment 02 49293400